Partnering & Licensing
For Public Research Institutions and scientists, finding a development and/or commercial partner is an elusive goal. Failing to do so often means letting go of technology with commercial potential before having established the chance to prove its worth. Securing development and/or commercial partners to out-license patents requires:
- Visibility : gaining exposure with industry actors in the reference market
- Credibility : convincing industrial partners of your ability to be an effective partner
- Market Savvy : being aware of the potential value of your technology
- Negotiating Skills : being able to obtain the most from the commercial partner
- Policing Capacities : being able to enforce negotiated terms and to resolve potential conflicts.
For industries, securing valuable technology from public research is a cost-effective way to boost the discovery pipeline or enter into new fields of research without having to start from scratch. Utilizing out-licensed patents and patent licensing markets can enable you with consistent resources, or fresh leads!
Partnering is accomplished through a variety of ways that can bring scientists and industry together in mutually beneficial ways, such as collaborative and sponsored research, and licensing agreements.
Partnering & licensing services to Public Research Organizations
Partnering and patent licensing require professional skills and industry knowledge to accurately match the needs of public research scientists with those of the industrial partners. We provide professional skills & networking resources to the process:
- Professionally prepared non confidential investigator’s brochure
- Selection of partners within our network & industry at large
- Direct marketing to target partners
- Management of the due diligence process
- Licensing Terms sheet negotiation and preparation
- License Agreements negotiation and execution
- Policing of License agreements
For more information about our services contact us here